To identify the practical and technical issues surrounding the creation of an appropriate repository for archaeological data. This will range from understanding hardware and software options
for those wishing to initiate a repository in their country, management structures, and the training of archivists. It will identify existing best practice, changing future needs, and pragmatic technical and structural solutions.
- Survey of current hardware and software options for archiving archaeological data
- Organise exploratory workshop on practical issues around repository creation
- Organise discussion workshop on repository implementation
- Create practical materials for workshops organised by WG1
- Create open access publication on experiences of new and emerging archives